Basic First Aid
- American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI) course covering a variety of traumatic and medical emergencies, illnesses, and skills necessary to help injured or ill victims and provide emergency care
- Universal course intended for anyone in need of a first aid course, including adult and pediatric
- 2 year certification, meets ODJFS and ODE requirements for childcare staff
3 options available:
- Class room class – 3 hours for both initial and recertification. Cost is $50 per student. Course completed in class room setting with instructors.
- Blended Class with Skills Session – Basic First Aid course is done online with a required skills assessment at the training center. Cost is $50, payable at time of registration.
- Ohio Childcare option – for Ohio liscensed childcare staff only, not pursuing CDA’s. Upon completion, an ODJFS inservice form will be emailed to the participant. No certification card is issued with this option. These links are valid for 60 days from date of issue. After 60 days, the link expires and will no longer be accessible.